Community Supported Agriculture
Now is the time to join our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program and keep your food dollars in your community!! We are now in our 13th year growing fresh organic vegetables, berries, and flowers for people like you. Our CSA allows us the privilege to meet the people eating our food and to ensure that our customers receive the highest quality product direct from our farm. In addition to the health benefits from being a member, as you stroll through our gardens picking flowers you can feel good that you are helping to keep New Leaf Organics a viable farm.
Joining our CSA is a great way to buy locally grown food AFFORDABLY. As a member, you receive a discount off of our retail prices all season long. We offer several levels of membership in our CSA. You can choose to join on any level, depending on your summer schedule. Our School Season membership runs for 13 weeks from mid-June to late August. Our Glory Harvest Share begins early September and runs through Octboer 12th. We may also be offering a Winter share depending on interest level. Every Wednesday afternoon during these weeks you will find a great selection of fresh stuff harvested all for our members. This year there is anew option of picking up in Bristol on the town green. You can choose what you like to take each time, with a few exceptions, and that way you know it will all get enjoyed. Our recipes will help you be a little more creative with new vegetables, or help you to really take advantage of our bounty in new and different ways. If you are planning a vacation, you can let us know and choose to stock up before you go or take extra when you return. You can always gift your weekly share to a friend.
- Flexibility: You can choose to come between 3-6 on Wednesday afternoons. We will make sure the stand is filled with the freshest selection of our produce on these days, and we will display it to help you shop with ease. If you can’t make it and want us to put stuff aside for you we are happy to help with that.
- Convenience: You choose the amounts you take each week. For example: You are going out of town for two weeks in July so you can just skip those two weeks, but in August, your in-laws will be visiting with you and so you can choose double or triple your usual produce amounts. You can choose whatever combination of veggie items you take home, and leave those items you don’t quite like so much.
- Value: We will give you a 10% discount all season long. With the rising cost of food, this will really make a difference in your food budget! We will email you about what veggies you can expect to find at the stand that week and how best to use them. We welcome recipe suggestions from our members and will gladly pass them along.
- Flowers:As a member, you have the added bonus of picking your own flowers from our extensive gardens each week. If you are not interested in a vegetable share, you can just purchase a flower share for $125. (12 weeks of pick your own flowers from the farm).
- Work Parties: Come get your hands dirty on the farm. Join us for several work parties throughout the season and participate in growing your food. All ages are welcome and will be appreciated.
Please let us know if you have any questions. As always, your commitment to our farm and to eating locally helps keep New Leaf a viable farm. Your participation in the CSA makes it possible for us to keep our land in production; growing fresh and healthy vegetables for our neighbors. We look forward to our 13th year growing together!