Located in the beautiful Champlain Valley of Central Vermont, our farm is part of a vibrant agricultural community. The mountains that surround us create an inspiring backdrop for farming and Vermont’s weather always keeps it exciting.
While visiting a college friend and exploring the area in 2000 I stumbled upon this farm and felt its pull. It was mid July and the flower gardens were gorgeous, even from the road, and the house and setting had so much character calling to me. Without even knowing it was for sale that night I saw the same property listed on the Farm link website, which connected aspiring farmers with retiring farmers.
The Howard family had operated a small dairy and cut flower business here for many years, and after raising their kids they were ready to move off the farm. They didn’t go too far though, as they just moved next door! It was such a huge help for a young farmer like myself to have some basic farming infrastructure already in place and neighbors who knew the land close by - and it helped me hit the ground running!
Since then we’ve planted every single “flattish” inch of this place (5 acres) with vegetables, flowers and berries. Everything we grow is sold in Vermont, and much of it within 25 miles of the farm.
I've been lucky enough to find a dedicated crew of farming “geeks” who get equally as excited about discovering a great new variety to try or the thrill of our first seeds germinating in the Spring. Having a great crew keeps the farm dynamic and is better every season because of them. My kids, Ruby and Ada, and husband Skimmer, make sure we don’t work the whole summer away...
Thanks for your interest in our farm! Supporting local farms like ours ensures that high quality agricultural soils will be kept in farming for generations to come and proof that together we really can keep Vermont agriculture alive and thriving!
- • To grow high quality, deliciously fresh organic produce and flowers.
- • To maintain and build the health of our soil and water.
- • To keep this land open and in agricultural production.
- • To bring community together in appreciation of good food and eating with the seasons.
- • To help couples create a memorable wedding day brightened with our beautiful flowers.
- • To be a healthy and joyous place for kids to roam and discover and help them learn where our food really comes from.
- • To provide a positive and meaningful place to work for our employees and ourselves.